Best of 2015
|Hazelnut Trail at San Pedro Valley Park|
- Hazelnut Loop, San Pedro Valley County Park, July 30, 2015. Even in a drought year, the coastal scrub of Montara Mountain was green and leafy.
- Hidden Villa, May 25, 2015. So many flowers, sweeping views, and about a billion lizards.
|Hostel Trail at Hidden Villa|
- Edgewood Park and Preserve, May 19, 2015. Although the wildflower display wasn't as dense as "normal," I delighted in the many flowers, including huge mariposa lilies.
|Mariposa lily at Edgewood Park and Preserve|
- Fremont Older Open Space Preserve, February 25, 2015. That perfect day when the sun was shining, the grass was emerald green, and all was right with the world.
- Bon Tempe Loop, Mount Tamalpais, March 18, 2015 (a variation of the description on BAHiker). Mount Tam magic -- wildflowers, wonderful views, and always, surprises (this time it was newts).
Best new (to me) trails/hikes:
|Ridge Trail, San Bruno Mountain|
- North Sonoma Mountain Regional Park -- love at first step.
- Unnamed Trail Center-built path at Sugarloaf Open Space -- what a difference a proper trail makes!
- El Corte de Madera Creek's Oljon Trail -- everything I want from a woodland trail.
- Ridge Trail, San Bruno Mountain. I hiked this out and back route (not yet on BAHiker) many times this past year, as my new regular exercise destination. Shocked to learn that the ridge hosts the best wildflower displays on the mountain.
- Glen Canyon in San Francisco is better than ever, with new paths and steps.
- Tomales Bay State Park's new boardwalks are gorgeous and keep hikers' feet mud free.
|Boardwalk at Tomales Bay State Park|