BAHiker updated (mostly)!My husband and I have been working on a site update for about a year. He does the technical work and design, while I have been focusing on photos.
|BAHiker goes mobile!|
Here are some new features:
- Improved design with easier navigation
- Mobile friendly
- More photos
- Improved photo display, with true slideshows and galleries
- Rich photo information -- each photo is labelled with location, date, and for plants, Latin names
- Metadata: every hike now has a file with a list of prominent features and characteristics -- this will be used when we enable tagging. You can't see the metadata, but it's there!
- Ability to rate individual hikes
- Ability to plan a hike using tags (like "dogs welcome" "loop hike" "peninsula" "wildflowers")
Check out the changes! Here's an example of a "new" page: Water Dog Lake Open Space. In addition to the features mentioned above, I've added a map to the hike as well as a map navigation box.
What would you like to see added (or changed) on BAHiker?
Thank you for your support! If you like BAHiker, please consider sharing it with friends. I post frequently on Facebook, sharing photos and hiking info.
PS: Hikes with orange markers are updated; I'm still working on the gray ones. New hikes are in the interwebs pipeline!